Ironically, I am a baker with type 2 diabetes. I'm able to taste my treats as I go along in baking them, but I stay away from them as I'm getting my elevated numbers down. Believe me, if I can work a cupcake in my life, it's going to happen!
I wanted to share a recipe with you all. I found a gem called "Cloud Bread", and it's giving me life! I just scarfed down the biggest tuna fish sandwich, and only had 1g of carbs (the pickles!).
All you need:
3 eggs, 3 tablespoons of cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar, and seasoning (I like to use 1/2 tsp of oregano and 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- Oven at 300
- separate eggs completely
- mix egg yolk, cream cheese and herbs (I use the whisk attachment on my standup mixer)
- clean out bowl
- whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form
- fold in yolk mixture
- grease baking sheet (I use spray oil)
- dollop onto baking sheet (I use a large cookie scoop), to the size of round bread you want
- bake for 20 minutes (check to see if golden brown, and either take out of oven (done), or add a couple minutes to get to golden brown color)
- put bread in a covered container to go from crispy merengue texture to soft bread (takes about 15 minutes)